Wednesday, October 14, 2009


Getting through the 392 pages of the book “Green” by Ted Dekker was a daunting task for me…..at times I felt like I was just reading words and not really “getting” what was going on, at times wondering why I was wasting my time reading this book when I could be reading something I would actually enjoy, and at times kind of enjoying it. The best part came at the very end….the final chapter……384 pages of repetitive writing, too many characters, and much too much mention of blood. The book is written allegorically and you can recognize the various Biblical characters in this book. This was the 4th book in a series, but is actually book zero…..it can be read as either the beginning or the end. The characters go back and forth between the present (which is really the future) and the past ( which is really the present)….or is it the other way around? If you think that sounds confusing….the book is even more so. In the end the good wins over the evil…..which is always a good thing, but I‘m just not sure we needed everything that came before that. I have read several other Ted Dekker books….he is an excellent writer, but a little far out there. So if you like a far-out, strange, thriller….this book is probably for you. But am I recommending it? I don’t think so…..

No comments:

Post a Comment